Children first grade and older have the opportunity to obey Christ's command to be baptized. We have two classes for students to complete. One is to meet with the Children's pastor to discuss who Jesus is and their relationship with Him. And the other class focuses on what baptism is and their future walk with Christ.
Baptism dates and classes can be scheduled by calling the church office and speaking with someone in the children's department. (530) 273-6425
Facts about baptism:
- Baptism identifies the believer with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
- “When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. It was a spiritual procedure--the cutting away of your sinful nature. For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with Him you were raised to a new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead.” Colossians 2:11-12 (NLT)
- Water Baptism is an act of obedience for the believer. It is giving the control of our lives over to Him.
- "Peter replied, 'Each of you must turn from your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.' Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church--about three thousand in all.” Acts 2:38, 41 (NLT)
- Water Baptism is a public testimony - the outward confession of an inward experience.
- “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 (NIV)
- “But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” I Corinthians 6:11 (NIV)
Thank you for your interest in having your child dedicated at Twin Cities Church. The act of dedicating children to the Lord was a common practice of blessing among the people of God in both the Old and New Testament periods. In addition, it was also a statement of recognition on the part of the parents that their child really belonged to God. As followers of Jesus Christ today, we dedicate children with the same purpose in mind.
Dedication does not make a child a “Christian”, but rather it is a public expression of faith and commitment on the part of the parents, and a blessing on the part of God through His Church. This act by the parents is a prayerful declaration of their stewardship over God's gracious gift to them. It is also their pledge to do all they can, as God gives them wisdom, to raise their child to respect and honor God and to love and serve Jesus Christ.
The Dedication Service is more than a ritual. It is a commitment on the part of parents to honor the will and the Word of God. As a part of this dedication, you are asked to:
- Complete Growth Path Belong1 Class, the first step in our church life development process.
- Affirm your personal faith in Jesus Christ and renew your dedication to Him and His Church.
- Recognize that your children belong to God and have been born to experience His love and to know Him.
- Pray daily for God's direction in your lives and in the lives of your children.
- Faithfully participate in Sunday Celebrations with your children.
- Teach your children the truths of God's Word in your home.
- Anticipate and seek to gently lead your children to a personal faith in Jesus Christ as soon as they are ready.
Please fill out the Dedication information card if you are interested in having your child dedicated and return to the church office or drop into the offering basket.
You can view a dedication video by clicking here.
Questions please call Valerie Calvillo 273-6425 ext. 704.